University Professor in Law, Business and EconomicsTo view the position details and/or apply to a position, click on the View Details link below the Job Title. If you have questions about the application process, please refer to the Applicant FAQ's on the left side of the page.
Do you have questions about the application process? If so, please refer to the Applicant FAQ's on the left side of the page.
Posting Details (Default Section)
|Position Title:||University Professor in Law, Business and Economics|
|Recruitment Type:||Internal/External Applicants|
|Work Schedule:||FT/10 Month|
|Department:||241-Law School Instruction|
Villanova University Charles Widger School of Law seeks an outstanding teacher-scholar whose research pursues inquiry at the intersection of markets and law. The University Professor in Law, Business and Economics will promote Villanova University’s position as a thought leader in law, business and economics and as a center for innovative business law education.
The successful candidate will be a member of the faculty of the Law School and also will teach at the Villanova School of Business and across the University. The rank of University Professor is Villanova University’s top faculty rank and highest academic honor, bestowed on select faculty members of extraordinary achievement. Consistent with this standard, the successful candidate for the University Professor in Law, Business and Economics will possess an outstanding record of scholarly accomplishments that establishes her or him at the forefront of university faculty nationally and internationally.
Villanova is a Catholic university sponsored by the Augustinian order. Diversity and inclusion have been and will continue to be an integral component of Villanova University’s mission. The University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and seeks candidates who understand, respect and can contribute to the University’s mission and values.
|Duties and Responsibilities:||
• Teach courses in business law, broadly defined, subject to the needs of the Law School and University.
• Juris Doctor is required.
• An MBA and/or Masters or Ph.D. in Economics or another relevant field is preferred.
|Physical Requirements and/or Unusual Work Hours:|
|Special Message to Applicants:|
|Closing Date (12am ET):|
|Salary Posting Information:||
Commensurate with experience
|Minimum Number of References Needed||3|
|Maximum Number of References Needed||3|
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
How did you first hear of this employment opportunity?
- HERC Website
- Professional Affiliation/Trade Website
- Diversity Association/Publication Website
- Other Internet Advertisement
- Advertisement in Local Newspaper
- Advertisement in Academic or Professional Publication
- Referred by a current or former employee
- Referred by a friend or family member
- Heard about it at a conference or career fair
- Browsing the Villanova website
If your answer to the above question is "Other", please specify the source below. If this question does not apply to you, enter N/A.
(Open Ended Question)
Documents needed to complete your application:
- Cover Letter / Letter of Interest
- Resume / Curriculum Vitae
- Statement of Teaching Philosophy
- Letters of Reference
- Summary of Teaching Evaluations
- Writing Sample/Publications